Donate Now!

Donations benefit the students and teachers of Samoana HS effected by the tsunami. 

Leone Destruction

Leone Destruction
Click Here To See More Tsunami Photos

Friday, October 9, 2009

Tsunami Story: Miracle

Miracle: Samoana High School Student, 10th Grade, Village of Fagatogo


On Tuesday I was at my house sleeping. When I was sleeping my bed was shaking and I thought that someone was shaking it. But it was no one. I stood up and my dad woke up and said its just a earthquake. I went outside and the whole house was shaking. The earthquake was shaking. The earthquake was shaking so hard so I ran outside the house and the house was moving. My brother ran outside with his daughter and his wife came out with her son too and my dad was the last one to come out of the house. The house might’ve fell down with us in it. I felt so scared when the ground was shaking; I couldn’t even stand still. I never thought that something like that could’ve happened and never thought that earthquake won’t shake that hard. We turned on the radio and they said tsunami is coming. Our house is at the mountain and we can see the ocean sink into the twirl and went so fast on the roads. We saw our village Fagatogo was not too floody but th ocean came inside our village. I felt that the end of the world might come. But the tsunami can’t reach our house. People that were coming to work tan to our mountain to be safe from this disaster. I never thought this kind of disaster would happen to Samoa. Because our people, Samoa, always goes to church and believe in God. But what have we done that made him so angry and damage our village.


No comments:

Post a Comment