Donate Now!

Donations benefit the students and teachers of Samoana HS effected by the tsunami. 

Leone Destruction

Leone Destruction
Click Here To See More Tsunami Photos

Friday, October 9, 2009

Tsunami Story: Nailiana

Nailuana: Samoana High School Student, 10th Grade


In the morning I woke up and walk outside of my room and went in my parents room. Ant I jump on my parents bed to sleep again. Right when I close my yes I felt the bed was shaking. I yell “shit who is shaking the bed.” Nobody answer. I open my eyes nobody is there. I get up my house is shaking then I knew it was an earthquake. I call my sister name. She ran outside and hold me tight. I told my sister “something happening” I keep on repeating this two word. And it made me scared and so panic, So after the earthquake we thought everything was okay. So we both went back inside and get ready for school. My other sister came from my grandparents house and she told us “something is happening” so we know that there is something happen because, all cars were come back to our road all the way at the back where our grandparent house so we went outside and ran at our grandparents house. We ask our friends what happened and they say there a tsunami. And we were like joking around and said “I want to go look.” So yes we went on the mountain because we want to look at the ocean. We come back down. We were staring so we hide from our parent and we went in the front where store is. Me and my 2 cousin come in the front. OMG!! Our village was so different. Trash all over, so quiet, everything is wet. So we went to store so we know the power is down. So our aunty got us and she yell “get up on the car.” We pass by the hospital people were busy pulling all the sickness people all the way up to this higher place. And it was so sad that we saw all the people bringing to the hospital yelling “I don’t want to die; please help me.” I felt sad at that time. So after that four hour, when rumors said no more tsunami. So we went in the front where my uncle house. He got die from the flu not the tsunami. In Samoan people they get busy when a chief die so we did our way of life by respecting and waiting for people for their si’i (samoan word) when we were busy. It like 7:00 pm everybody yell, and scream “tsunami run.” All I did look for my brother. I didn’t found my brother but I found my little cousin so we ran together. We were so panic that time but it was nothing. The next day we woke up and we went to my uncle house in the front to finish our fa’alavelave (samoan word and when we look at the road it was so busy. Many car on the street. 


No comments:

Post a Comment