Donate Now!

Donations benefit the students and teachers of Samoana HS effected by the tsunami. 

Leone Destruction

Leone Destruction
Click Here To See More Tsunami Photos

Friday, October 9, 2009

Tsunami Story: Naifo

Naifo: Samoana High School Student, 10th Grade, Village of Pago Pago


Well it was September 29, 2009, I was just sleeping and then suddenly my bed starts shaking and then I woke up, and my sister came running and she told me that it’s a earthquake. My parents starts banging on out door and my dad carried my baby sister and then my mom starts hugging me and my older sister really tight and she told us that “no matter what happens she will never let go.” So I cried and then I started to get scared so we prayed and then the ground started to stop shaking so my parents said that we should stay home because something might happen but at least were safe here at home. Then 20 minutes later my cousin starts screaming saying that the ocean looks different. Then my mom starts screaming and said that we should go up the mountains so we did. Then my cousin came running and said that my aunty is down there at the house my uncle ran back downstairs but then the house collapsed just like that. My town area was filled with water and was polluted so I ran back and told my grandparents to come with us so they come so all of the people at the mountains start to sing and then this other man leaded us with a prayer. The people started to cry then we thanked God for protecting us through this whole day. Then the next day our family was doing fine because our house was okay and then we moved to our other house in K.C.. so we bought a generator and my family was doing okay. Even though my aunty died but we felt sad but on the other side we know that she is in a better place. So as of now were doing fine, our electricity is back on and my family is doing fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment